HOW TO JOIN
MAUI DOLPHINS SWIM CLUB
Maui Dolphins Swim Club is a USA-Swimming club.
We swim for two seasons per year, the Short Course Season (August-December)
and the Long Course Season (February-June).
We usually hold registration events for each season during the week prior to the start of the season--during the last week of July for the Short Course Season and the last week of January for the Long Course Season.
If you are new to the island, or if you missed the registration event, come to the pool any day during practice to learn more about our club and to give your swimmer a chance to try the team. The coaches will be able to let you know with which swim group your swimmer should practice. If your swimmer can swim 25m freestyle without interruption, they are ready for swim team!
You'll find us at the Upcountry Pool in Pukalani from 4:30-6pm Monday through Friday all year long except July and December 15th-January 10th (those are our off-season months).
If your child is aged 5 or older, not afraid in 3½-4 ft of water (teaching pool depth) where they can touch bottom, and can blow bubbles in the water ... consider Intro to Swim Team.
The following are required at the time of registration:
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET:
Note: Some of the forms here are "active", meaning you can fill them out on your computer, print & sign them. You should also print a copy of our Cover Sheet with Instructions. Also, please read our HANDBOOK. The application packet must be filled out and signed before any swimmer can enter the water, even for a tryout!
Cash, checks made payable to “MDSC”, or by credit card. Fees are due before the start of the season during that season's registration event.
- MANDATORY Annual USA Swimming Registration Fee of $69 per swimmer: This fee and the USA-S registration form is filed yearly and provides insurance for practice, meets, & sanctioned swim team activities. In addition, a USA-S members has access to record keeping, swim instruction and information and more at www.usaswimming.org. A discounted $8 "Outreach" rate is available from USA-Swimming and Hawaiian Swimming for low-income families. Your USA-S registration covers your swimmer wherever they swim with a USA-S team or at a USA-S event and is transferrable between clubs and states. This fee is only due once a year. MAKE OUT CHECKS TO MDSC
MDSC Swim Team dues of $250 per swimmer per season. This fee covers all practices (up to five a week), swim meet entry fees and coaching, and team events for the entire season (five months). Additional siblings are $165. Monthly installment plan available. PAID TO MDSC
· Dues pay the expenses for club operations. Seasonal registration is due on that season's registration date. Credit cards are accepted for full-season dues only. If you opt for the monthly installment plan, the monthly dues are due on the first of the month at the front desk, cash or check only. If you can’t make pay on time, let us know ASAP. If dues are unreasonably late, your child will not be allowed to swim.
· Dues are only pro-rated ONLY for NEW swimmers joining after the season's registration date.
Volunteer Obligations: Your family is joining a club run by volunteer board members. Part of our commitment requires your help with club operations (fundraising, committees, desk monitors, etc). MDSC is part of the Maui Age Group Swimming Association (MAGSA). Parents are also asked to help with MAGSA events – even if your swimmer is not competing.
MDSC is a 501(c)3, which means that donations beyond the seasonal dues are tax deductible. If you are willing or able to make a donation, please speak with a member of the Board of Directors.
Questions? Please talk to a Board Member at the front desk during practice or contact Coach Malcolm.
We swim year round at the Upcountry Aquatic Center (aka Pukalani Pool; a 6-lane outdoor 50 meter pool usually divided with bulkhead to 2 6-lane short courses) courtesy of Maui County Aquatics. We swim daily Monday through Friday afternoons 4:30-6:00+ PM.
- Coach's Telephone and email
- Postal address
- P.O. Box 880694, Pukalani HI 96788
- Electronic mail
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool Address (no mail) 90 Pukalani St, Makawao, HI 96768
Pool Info/Closures/Temps on Twitter at mauiswim